What Are You Doing For Labor Day?

Home Forums Miscellaneous What Are You Doing For Labor Day?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence Hill 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Yes it’s a three day weekend and as a government employee I know you get to enjoy it! So what’s you game plan for the holiday?

Mine revolves around college football kicking off. Gotta love watching your favorite school clash on the gridiron. Also I’m throwing in a little BBQ and then watching some US Open tennis. Nice little sports filled weekend for me.

What is everyone else out there doing? And hopefully the hurricane doesn’t ruin anyone’s weekend.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Donating platelets to NIH, then a picnic with my family.

Adriel Hampton
    Participant

Looking at a family hike on Mt. Diablo.

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

@Terrence awesome job way to give time back @Adriel kind of jealous that sounds like a good time.

Tricia
    Participant

“Labor” day is fitting: It’s pure excitement for me – I’m having a water heater installed…good times, and good-bye to the leaky mess!

Jamith Peterson
    Participant

I Will search all day how to earn money? how to earn money online? That’s it. No fun,

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Gainesville, FL – for the University of Florida vs Miami (OH) game. First time to the swamp. Only a 2 hour drive so I hope traffic doesn’t make it worse.

Noel Carr
    Participant

Since my team, Miami, plays tonight, I’ll be tailgating at a Jimmy Buffett concert all day Saturday.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

You mean the fake Miami…ha

Mindy Moon
    Participant

Hokie Football!!!

Noel Carr
    Participant

haha something like that

Daniel Honker
    Participant

Texas Fight!

Marco Morales
    Participant

Yeah – that three-day weekend could also mean a four-day weekend for those who would take Friday off, as well. But maybe I will check out the sunny beaches somewhere along the coast of Florida. Hope the traffic isn’t too cumbersome along the way …

Nothing special…other than celebrating my 6th Wedding Anniversary! :-0

Taking Joana to a cool Wine and Design thing on Saturday evening. First time we’re getting a sitter for 6-month old Isaac…

Kathleen Smith
    Participant

Tending the farm! planting carrots for the winter along with other winter vegetables. Tending the figs, and pear trees. Getting the rest of the garden ready for a “tour” in three weeks. Weeds have go to go!

Kathleen Ridgely
    Participant

Go Hokies!!!

Phyllis L. Alberici
    Participant

I adopted a 100+ lb Great Pyrenees through the National Great Pyrenees Rescue. Large gentle fluffy white dogs. My first Mommie day is Friday. Groomers on Saturday and lots of walks. I was going to see my human family in Vermont but that gets to wait for a few weeks and spectacular fall leaves.

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

Going to my high school fall formal…wait…

(a) Going out
    (b) Kickball
    (c) Monuments & museums

Nicholas Charney
    Participant

Always a good weekend – my birthday weekend – just hit the big 29.

Sam Allgood
    Participant

My Awesome plans are to take my son to the Virginia Tech opening game at FedEx Field in DC. It’s our present for his 39th birthday last month. His first time attending a live game (though he is an avid fan) and my first time for a few years. Go Hokies!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Congrats buddy!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

wait….

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

happy bday broseph….got about 10 months on ya

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Wow. That’s amazing! Go Hokies!

David Roberts
    Participant

Those all sound like great ways to spend the day off. Labor Day means many things to many people — the end of summer, the start of the school year, time to put the seersucker away for a few months. But let’s also take a moment to remember what Labor Day was intended to be — a day to celebrate the contributions that working men and women have made to the strength and prosperity of the country. Unlike many holidays which recognize a particular person, battle, or event in history, Labor Day is something we all can celebrate because it is something we have all contributed to.

Nothing wrong with celebrating with cookouts, hikes, football, and family, just make sure to mix in a little history and recognition as well. Check out http://www.dol.gov/laborday for more.

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Still recovering from slow healing wound from my first reconstructive surgery (breast cancer survivor) back in June, so I’m planning on laying low and doing my knitting and minor housework mostly, maybe visit my best friend across town and a little shopping.

Outside activities are not for me at the moment (the heat and sun aren’t good for me), so I stay in and do what I can. So everyone else…enjoy them for me and have a safe and happy weekend!

Maureen Higgins
    Participant

International Festival at my church, then Hokies football game.

Al Fullbright
    Participant

Many, many thousands of disabled people are sitting alone in front of a tv. Active people tend to forget all about them at such times. With high costs and trying to live on little in tough times, there are many who dont have tv or cable. Its harder for them to cook and many don’t really have anything “special”. A great many dont have any relatives or anyone to visit them.

I’ve been on skype talking to shut-Ins, and I will visit several of them this weekend. I’m pretty broke, but I have enough to buy some candy bars and I’m going calling.

You all might find more satisfaction in visiting “Grandma” than sucking up forty gallons of beer with a bunch people who wouldn’t miss you if you weren’t there.

Alice M. Fisher
    Participant

I just bought a foreclosure on 7 acres. I will be working all weekend and loving it.
    It’s been 20 years since I owned a home. So this is FUN and exciting to me.

Emi Whittle
    Participant

Very good – congratulations! Date nite very important to keep up!

Emi Whittle
    Participant

Awesome! You can post a pic – Dogs in Government group!

Emi Whittle
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks!

Emi Whittle
    Participant

Ooooh! Congratulations! Just be careful – I realized my age this weekend. My back is hurt from use – and all I really did was move one piece of furniture and put together one small cabinet – and that was enough… ahhhh – the heating pad is my best friend.

Alice M. Fisher
    Participant

Sorry to hear! Feeling it too. Who hung a US flag today? Or, is this a passing tradition?

Alice M. Fisher
    Participant

Congrats Andrew on the Anniversary!

Alice M. Fisher
    Participant

Our thoughts are with you and hopefully you had a restful day

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.