What are you in prayer about this week?

Home Forums Acquisitions What are you in prayer about this week?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Patricia Paul 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Curt Canada
    Participant

I don’t know about you but I absolutely believe in the power of prayer . I also believe that sometimes my prayers are not answered the way that I want them too. I’m speaking more about when for some reason you hope and pray it doesn’t rain today but more about ” God , please don’t take my grandpa today. Please give him more time. It’s personal and perhaps I will not get any response to this question but sometimes when I feel that what I’m looking for or wanting to happen is beyond my immediate control then perhaps I seek a higher power in prayer wishing for something positive that’s tangible to happen. Perhaps you’re seeking a raise but afraid to ask; or less chaotic workplace; stronger and more appreciative relationship with your partner, or simply happiness. Haven’t you heard that prayer changes things! Love to hear your thoughts.

Patricia Paul
    Participant

I’m a believer in prayer, too. Right now I am really working on the part of prayer where I trust in the outcome that God chooses for me or for those I pray for. That’s not a very good way of putting it–but I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to give up control of stuff very easily–so “Letting Go, and Letting God” is something that I have come in my life to know is the next step in my faith.

Sam Allgood
    Participant

I’m praying for my daughter who is facing a very tough week at work.

Curt Canada
    Participant

I really forgot to tell you what I am praying for….I know the Earth is reconfiguring and adjusting itself but I pray that these occurrences somewhat subside. I pray for all those persons who may think and feel uncomfortable about replying and commenting to this discussion(the unspoken prayers). I pray for each and every person here at GovLoop who possess great intentions despite the challenges and stresses they face in their workplaces and personal lives. May all your prayers be answered! I thank Patricia and Sam for for their comments !

Lillie M Epps
    Participant

Hey Curt,

I am a firm believer that prayer does change things. God never gives us what we want when we want it. He gives it to us when he feels we need and when he does, it is always right on time! When I am doing my prayers and saying my prayer at the altar call at church, I will keep you in my prayers. Pray that whatever it is you need or want that God will grant it to you. Right my prayer is that my daughter and son-in-law can work out their marriage and the my other daughter can get a job and her and her husband do better now that he has a new job working at the VA! Most times, I never pray for anything for myself because I am always worried about others. Once in a while I ask for forgiveness for things I have done or help with school work as I am in school right now and it is just about to put my brain on overload!

Stephanie Slade
    Participant

Total believer in prayer here. Right now I’m all about giving thanks. I know big adventures lie in my future, though I don’t know yet what they are.

Julie Cox
    Participant

I too believe in prayer, but it’s not always asking for things — even good things for others. It’s more about recognizing who God is, what He wants from me and how I can be more in His will. It’s about praise and thanks and just pouring out my heart, my questions, my confusion, my heart. In that place I’m more able to listen and be patient, and begin to understand why things don’t always (or often) turn out as I expect. Trusting in God is not easy, but I have learned that it is the best place for me to be.

Lillie M Epps
    Participant

Hi Julie,

Many times for me, that is what I do also. Sometimes I ask for things for my children as I stated earlier because I see them struggling and just want him to give them just a little encouragement. Most times I ask him to make me a better a christian. Asking him what more can I do to show him that I love him. How can I also get closer and do more of His will as well.

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Lillie M Epps
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

Of course its a good way of putting it! You are being honest and saying that you need to work accepting the outcome of your prayer from God. You are being honest that you have more steps to take in order to be a better christian and having more faith in the ability that God has to supply us with all our needs! I always tell my children that prayer is nothing more than a conversation you are having with a friend but that friend is God. you give him his reverence by acknowledging who he is and just talk to him. That is all you have to do. He will help and as I said to someone else, many times we don’t get the help when we think that we need. However, he knows when and he is always on time!

Patricia Paul
    Participant

Thank you Lillie. Sometimes it is just such a relief to take something to God and know that it is really all handled–all we have to do is sincerely ask. I’ve started to feel so much more about faith over the past few years and having a relationship with God. It’s a truly wonderful thing when you take moments to chat with your truly best friend, God.

As my wife returns to school in a few weeks, we’re still waiting on the Lord for the right child care situation for our son. Though we’ve looked at a dozen places, we know we haven’t found the place yet…so we’re eager to see who God places in our path that meets this need for us. My prayer request: advance praise and thanksgiving for a God who always shows up right on time.

Adam Arthur
    Participant

I’m praying for God to make a way for me to move my family into N.C. – that’s where our church is located!

Tamara White
    Participant

I most definitely believe in prayer. There are times when I don’t know what to pray for. What I mean by that is…in May of 2009 my father was very ill. There we days we didn’t think he would make it through the night and then there were days when we had so much hope, because it appeared that recovery was just around the corner. Quite naturally, I wanted and prayed that my dad would recover and live for many more years, and then there were times I just didn’t want to see him suffer anymore. I knew he was a child of God, so I wasn’t as concerned about him dying as I was about not having him around anymore. So my dilemma with my prayer was should I pray for him to recover, because I wanted to keep him around or should I pray for God to ease his suffering and take him home to Glory. Needless to say, my father passed away June 2009. God did answer my prayer about giving me the strength each day, to not fall apart when I think of him (my dad, my best friend, the first man to ever love me unconditionally).

Cammise McInnis
    Participant

It’s awesome that this conversation is happening! Another answered prayer!:-)

Dawn Lautwein
    Participant

I’m praying for a former co-worker and friend, Rodney, who is battling cancer. It is quite a bit like Tamara’s situation with her Dad. He and his family are strong believers, and he has a CaringBridge page that is a strong testimony to their faith. He had gone into hospice then opted to try one more run of chemotherapy, but now is back facing the decision of hospice again. He has 3 grade-school age daughters, and he has appreciated the extra time with them, but he is fighting so many physical symptoms on top of the cancer that it seems like to be absent from the body and present with the Lord would have to be a welcome thought sometimes. I’m sure the whole family would appreciate any added prayers, although they do have a very supportive church.

Jason Hastings
    Participant

I try not to ask God for a lot because I do not trust my own motivations: my heart is deceitful (Jer 17:9). I focus on thanksgiving. First thanking the Lord for who He is, and thanking Him for the sacrifice of his Son. I heard this once-Prayer does not bring Heaven to the believer, it brings the believer to Heaven

Curt Canada
    Participant

You’re quite welcome! What would we do without prayer?

Curt Canada
    Participant

Thank you Jason !

Chris Poirier
    Participant

I just wanted to pop in on this conversation and address the awesome power of God that has taken place here. It feels really good to know that there is a strong urge to engage in prayer and share our prayers with one another as GovLoopers! Hopefully, this trend continues and more prayers can be answered through the power of community in and with the Lord!

Bless you all for your willingness to share, as the power of God is amplified through the oneness in community!

“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21 NIV

Curt Canada
    Participant

Thanks Chris!

Chris Poirier
    Participant

Any time, I was emboldened to say something due to the response thus far to this thread. A breath of fresh air inside the very secular beltway! I see great things coming in the near term!

God Bless.

Curt Canada
    Participant

As you see ,the week isn’t over yet and I do hope that you will continue to respond to this discussion.

Someone ask me later last evening what was I praying for …Please keep me in prayer as I ask for

better ideas and ways to market my Coaching business as an External Coach. I am also in prayer

for a favorable annual physical check-up and for a friend of mine whose friend is suffering from a

dysfunctional kidney.

Gadi Ben-Yehuda
    Participant

Wondering why this is in Acquisition?

Curt Canada
    Participant

Hi Ben:

Thanks I will take a look at that!

Curt Canada
    Participant

I can only share with you that I posted this discussion for everyone and in every category here on GovLoop.

Frankly, it never crossed my mind! The question was posted for everyone throughout

the GovLoop Community. It is my wish and hope that this does not offend anyone.

Patricia Paul
    Participant

I am glad that this post came where it was. I might have missed it otherwise and all of the positive responses. I hope that you are able to get something positive from it Ben. No man is an island and we each reach out for support and offer help in different ways for the good of each other.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.