What are you trying to teach yourself?

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service What are you trying to teach yourself?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Corey McCarren 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

I have always been one of those people who loves to learn new things. As someone who focuses on social media and website management, I try to stay on top of the latest trends in the field.

I also like to focus on the basics, though.

While I am not an expert programmer or developer by any means, I do like to know how the “back end” of the web works, and occasionally read up on different languages, like JavaScript and CSS.

This might make me a bit of a dork, but I love learning new things! I have to confess that, after grad school, I might try something completely different — like Spanish!

So this got me thinking … what are GovLoop members focusing on?

Are you trying to teach yourself a new language — computer or otherwise? What are you trying to learn in your spare time, and why?

Corey McCarren
    Participant

I’ve been working on professional development lately, and working on taking those skills into my personal life as well. I’ve been mostly going about it by reading books.

Guitar – thinking about taking it up some time soon…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.