What Are Your Favorite LinkedIn Groups?

Home Forums Miscellaneous What Are Your Favorite LinkedIn Groups?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ricky J. Harris 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Allison Primack
    Participant

As I am building up my LinkedIn page, I started to browse groups in order to expand my professional network to people in my same field of interest.

Other than joining my alumni groups, what groups do you recommend joining on LinkedIn, and why?

Ricky J. Harris
    Participant

Groups on LinkedIn are hit-or-miss. Many that look great are totally inactive (the last discussion was over a month ago) or worse, have been taken over by spammers. I’m still trying to figure out which groups are worth it (GovLoop group is great!). The good thing is, you can have up to 50, so play around with it!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Can’t forget Gov’t Connections as the biggest – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2094772&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

From Twitter

@amtower among my favorites is govloop, but GSA/VA Sched, Govt Market Master – groups that have good discussions & are well managed

Barbara Kinosky
    Participant

I like Service Contract Act Forum since I host it! Every week I post a new discussion question of the week and get a lot of lively posts in response to it. Join us!

Allison Primack
    Participant

Cool! Can you attach a link to your forum?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Not a single one are government related. My favorite ones are the following and in no particular order:

• Social Media Today – This is a very active group. This group is so active that I had to go to weekly digests and not post so much. Don’t be surprised if you see some of the talks in leading tech blogs
    • Managing Mobile Security (BrightTalk) – This group was really hot a month ago but I’ve listed it because BrightTalk is amazing and I learned how to protect my smartphone let alone a whole enterprise network
    • Mobile Commerce, Privacy and Security (MEF) I am a huge fan of mobile commerce and marketing is my major and I have connected to some amazing people in this group not too much spam

Robert Bacal
    Participant

I’m also interested in the question, because I have no answer. I’m subscribed to a bunch of groups, and particularly in the last month, spam has exploded. I’m going to leave most of them, and unsub to updates, because for every meaningful post, there seems to be ten or twenty that are just straight marketing, off-topic or plain old junk.

I wonder where my Internet went.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.