What Book or Books Do You Recommend and Why?

Home Forums Miscellaneous What Book or Books Do You Recommend and Why?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gerry La Londe-Berg 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

David Dejewski
    Participant

My library is growing all the time - especially since I loaded Kindle on my iPad.

It makes me wonder - what great books are out there? What books have really impacted the way you see the world and/or your job?

Please explain so the rest of us can appreciate, and maybe pick up the book ourselves.

Gerry La Londe-Berg
    Participant

Strengths Based Leadership by Tom Rath and Barry Conchie reveals the results of linking Gallup Strengthfinders research to the workplace interpersonal and professional configuration. "The book identifies three keys to being a more effective leader: knowing your strengths and investing in others' strengths, getting people with the right strengths on your team, and understanding and meeting the four basic needs of those who look to you for leadership." http://bit.ly/kujYKA

The book accesses the Strengthfinders inventory then also links extensively to the other web based resources.

See also http://sonomabuzz.net/2009/08/09/leadership-reflections-part-i-gallup-publications/ for my review of the other Strengthfinders resources.

Lauren Modeen
    Participant

The Speed of Trust

David Dejewski
    Participant

A Stephen Covey (JR) fan... an excellent and very popular book. Here's the link:

The Speed of Trust by Stephen M.R. Covey

David Dejewski
    Participant

Strengths Based Leadership isn't one that I've read, but I like the concept. It plays well to the coaching style of leadership where the leader seeks to understand the strengths of all members, and place them where they can be the strongest. An excellent (and very effective, in my experience) concept. Thanks, Gerry!

Scott Collins
    Participant

Caught Between the Dog and the Fireplug. Great book of letters on what it takes to be successful in public administration.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.