February 15, 2012 at 5:50 pm #153257
Be honest, how many of us thought that by the year 2000, we’d be living just like The Jetson’s?
Sure, we aren’t traveling in flying cars and don’t have personal robot maids (oh, how I’d love to have a Rosey), but to Cisco’s Marie Hattar’s point, a smarter world could exist sooner than we think.
With that, let’s highlight Marie’s Top 10 Tech Trends in 2012:
- Old technology being used in a new way
- Internet-capable features dominating the television market
- Near instantaneous media streaming
- Second Screen Experiences- a household term
- Cloud-based networking expansion
- World-wide collaboration
- Connected Cars
- Increase in assisted driving cars — but not yet giving up the wheel
- Virtual assistants a must-have
- Better than ever: voice recognition and control
Do you agree? Are there others you’d list?
What do you think will be the top technology trend of 2012?
Are you located in Austin Texas? If so, join the GovLoop Technology Solutions Council and many other government Austinites as we tackle 2012’s Top Tech Trends together. For more information about this educational session, click here.
March 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm #153259
This is a perennial prediction but I really believe that 2012 is the year that the promise of the Semantic Web becomes a reality. Partly because companies like Google have put a great deal of research into content analysis and text mining and partly because of advances in neuroscience have helped to make the Internet behave more like a human brain.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.