What is Your Craziest Public Transportation Story?

Home Forums Miscellaneous What is Your Craziest Public Transportation Story?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence Hill 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

Happy Friday everyone! You know, I really do enjoy riding public transportation. For me, it’s one of the speediest ways to get around any city. I have, however, seen some pretty crazy happenings while on the metro –everyone has, even the GEICO Gecko.

What is the craziest thing you’ve seen while riding public transportation?

———————————————–

GEICO was created in 1936 to provide auto insurance to federal government employees and their families. 75 years later, GEICO is one of America’s strongest, most financially stable companies thanks to the company’s dedication and support of the federal worker. GEICO is a proud partner of GovLoop. Check out the GEICO Federal Program on Facebook.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

The craziest thing I have seen, and unfortunately I have seen it more than once, is when an obviously handicapped, elderly, or pregnant passenger boards and healthy, strapping young persons refuse to give up their seats, which are clearly reserved for just such people.

Megan Dotson
    Keymaster

I agree Terrence; I always try to be mindful of those around me for this reason!

Other than that I’ve been a victim of mean stares and angry comments for attempting to sit in an open seat (toward the middle of the train). All because the person sitting on the outer seat didn’t want to have another person sitting in the seat next to them (mind you it is meant for two people) on an overly full train during rush hour. My reaction was to brush it off and simply be as kind as I could be.

Joe Williams
    Participant

My craziest story involved an express bus I was taking from downtown Chicago to the University of Illinois. On this particular trip, the bus driver went a different route than usual, taking us through a neighborhood on the south side of Chicago. He stopped in front of a house and got out, leaving us passengers wondering what was going on. I was looking at my watch, growing concerned we would be late and I would miss teaching my upcoming class. About 30 minutes later, he came out and explained he needed to change his pants. Thirty minutes to change pants?! Right. Needless to say, I was late arriving for my class.

I see this all the time, too! I always try and give up my seat if needs be!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.