What Should We Do for GovLoop’s 1-Year Anniversary?

Home Forums Miscellaneous What Should We Do for GovLoop’s 1-Year Anniversary?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew W 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

GovLoop is about to hit its 1-year anniversary and the week of July 13th we will be celebrating in style. We are going to have a D.C. party and a San Francisco party.

But what else should we do? Online? In-person? Over the web?

What would be cool and fun for you?

Matthew W
    Participant

What’s the difference between online and over the web, oh Govloop? 🙂

Would like to see an in-person event at Billy Martin’s in Georgetown. 🙂

Genio
    Participant

Have the the party at the National Archives in DC.

How cool would that be!!!

Maybe have it catered by The Market Place. They make the crab cakes and crab soup in DC.

So likes a fun time to me

All The Best

Cindy Lou Baker
    Participant

How about a Skype/Stickam camera set up for those of us who only wish we could be there. Just a pc w/camera at each party. We could take a peek at the happenings and maybe meet a couple of you in person..er..sort of . cb

Give Govloop.com a fresh new look – change the colours, images, etc…

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Cool ideas. And Matt Worner always catches my language 🙂

I like the idea of streaming some of the event online. I will definitely do this in some capacity whether live with something like UStream or capturing video with my flip cam.

DC party will be at Local 16. Archives would have been cool. Will keep that in mind for next time.

And yes, I should do something with colors, images, etc. for the 1-year. Good idea.

Carol Davison
    Participant

Use this website to ask participants to report how it haas added to governments effectiveness and efficiency.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Cool. Thanks Carol.

jana gallatin
    Participant

Streaming video from both parties with live comments from web participants and maybe some shout outs from those in person to those attending on line? (Got both “web” and “on line” in there… 🙂

Allen Magtibay
    Participant

Lets bring in a cake for the event. You can’t have a birthday party without one. Also, party favors are a nice touch. I do like the idea of streaming both events live. Maybe we can create a short video of the event and post it here, FB, Youtube, etc. Nice way to market Govloop and its members.

Moira Deslandes
    Participant

I just want to say “Happy Birthday” so how about starting a virtual Birthday Card – were everyone can leave a birthday message ?

jana gallatin
    Participant

Would any South Eastern Arizona GovLoopers want to have a tweet/meet up at one of the Sonoita/Elgin wineries the 18th? I might be able to convince my son the chef to make something to nosh…Tastings are cheap.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.