What time do you wake up?

Home Forums Leadership and Management What time do you wake up?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Smith 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I’ve always been fascinated by when people start their day. Especially as I’ve some who are 3:30am then exercise then get to work at 6…and others that wake up at 8:30 and get to work by 9:30 but work to 630 or so.

So what time do you get going?

I’m about 7:15 but that gets me working by 8 (short commute…couple flights of stairs).

Jeff Smith
    Participant

Usually I roust about 5:30am or so….but I’m on the clock almost immediately there after 😉

Mark Hammer
    Participant

I have to go to sleep when it’s dark and wake up when it’s light. Any other combination (dark-dark, light-light, light-dark) and I’m firing on maybe two of all 6 cylinders.

We used to live in Edmonton, where day-length is about 7 hours in mid-winter, and about 17 hrs mid-summer. So, go to work and come hope in the dark half the year, and go to sleep in broad daylight and wake up to blazing sunshine the other half. How anybody can maintain a fixed schedule under those conditions is beyond me. Personally, I just don’t have the pineal gland for it.

I mention this just to note that the opportunity to adhere to a steady waking time depends, to some extent on how far north or south one lives. “Body clocks” are not entirely independent of natural cues.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.