What’s Everyone Doing July 4th?

Home Forums Acquisitions What’s Everyone Doing July 4th?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Allgood 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler

Independence Day is one of the best holidays the calendar year has to offer. For me I’m going to be in DC this year helping knockout some set up for the Next Generation of Government Summit but I’ll also be enjoying the Nation’s holiday in the National Capitol.

My plans are fireworks on the mall and maybe crashing a BBQ or two. What do all of you have on tap for the long weekend?

Sam Allgood

Continuing our annual tradition of going to Yorktown, VA to share a picnic dinner, listen to the Langley AFB Band perform patriotic music, and watch the fireworks from the York River. Always a huge crowd with parking and traffic nightmares, but always enjoyable!

Event Info

Rebecca Brown

The 4th is my Favorite Holiday! I will be enjoying it on the CT. Shore Line with Family.

Decorating our homepage for Fireworks at the Fountain here in Orlando. Any Orlando GovLoopers who want to join in the festivities at Lake Eola can get information at cityoforlando.net. Happy Fourth everybody.

Andrea Baker

We are going to a bbq Sat in Chesapeake beach, the Sunday a bbq in Columbia and the plans for the Sun night fireworks are to pack a picnic and try to find a place on the mall in DC. Backup plan, Inner Harbor in Baltimore. 3rd backup plan, stay in Columbia and see them at the lake there.

Ree McL Brown

Jackson California has fireworks at the middle school for the gold country towns of Amador County. The community comes together to celebrate and prevent wildfire in wildland areas. See http://ledger-dispatch.com/news/newsview.asp?c=271351

Will be in DC…still trying to figure out the 4th proper…but hope to connect with family/friends throughout the weekend!

Terrence Hill

I want to hear all about your Next Generation of Government Summit. It sounds like a great event and I’m always interested to learn about the future. I’m taking my wife to the Gaylord Resort at National Harbor this year for something different. Normally I like to volunteer during holidays like this, but I’m taking this weekend off.

Happy Independence Day to all the GovLoopers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.