Where are you going for the holidays?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Where are you going for the holidays?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 6 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Starting today lots of people are out of the office. People start zig-zagging the country in airplanes and driving in the caravan.

So , where are you going for the holidays?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Me – Ohio – Cincinnati – my hometown

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Staying home, which is Sumter, SC to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s.

But my best friend puts on an annual New Year’s party and I always help her clean house and cook, so I’ll be doing that after Christmas!

Henry Brown
    Participant

Will for the first time in 20 or 30 years, be staying at home (Huntsville AL).. The usual process has been to visit with extended family in Houston Texas from mid-December until well into the new year, but because the spouse is still house-bound because of a major car accident … Got a member of the extended family to travel here to Huntsville… Sure is going to be different

Jeff S
    Participant

Columbus, Ohio area to see my family. Go Bucks!!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Have you seen homage.com – my favorite new store – has awesome shirts and based out of columbus

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Henry – so sorry to hear about your wife. When did that happen?

Megan Dotson
    Keymaster

I’ll be in the beautiful Sunshine State enjoying a white Christmas (of sand) on the beach and back in DC for a New Year party.

Lauren Modeen
    Participant

Snowy Boston! Can’t wait to see the family and see my sister in law’s baby bump πŸ™‚

Candace Riddle
    Participant

STEVE!!! Great people come from Ohio! GO BUCKEYES! I’m heading back to O-H-I-O Thursday!

Candace Riddle
    Participant

Going to get a little O-H-I-O (Cambridge) and then on to the BIG APPLE (NYC) for some New Years Fun!

Patt Franc
    Participant

Leaving the Rockies and heading home to the Great Lakes State to spend a week with the fam! Go Blue in the Gator Bowl and Go Green in the Capital One Bowl!

Bill Brantley
    Participant

I’m staying home in College Park, MD but I plan to spend the week between Christmas and New Years touring the Smithsonian museums. It is easy to forget just how many neat places DC has when all you do is travel downtown for work.

Tasha Hock
    Participant

Washington DC bound. Sorry I’ll miss you. πŸ™‚

Heather Coleman
    Participant

To my kitchen! I’ll be hosting the in-laws for Christmas dinner. They come to us now that we have two small kids. It’s a little nervewracking preparing all that food when my mother-in-law is such a good cook. Thank goodness for my mother is just a phone call away πŸ™‚

William Herbig
    Participant

Driving from Washignton, DC to Atlanta, GA.

Alycia Piazza
    Participant

Off to Eastern PA – visiting lots of family and celebrating my son’s 3rd birthday.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Hotlanta baby

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin’ down the plain
    And the wavin’ wheat can sure smell sweet
    When the wind comes right behind the rain.
    Oklahoma, Ev’ry night my honey lamb and I
    Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    Makin’ lazy circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land
    And the land we belong to is grand!
    And when we say
    Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!
    We’re only sayin’
    You’re doin’ fine, Oklahoma!
    Oklahoma O.K.

Davenport, Iowa. The family is gathering from East (us from Durham, NC) to West (my brother in San Diego, CA).

Can’t wait.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Where in Ohio is Cambridge?

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

I’ll be over near Cleveland visiting the soon to be in laws. Looks like we will be stuck in some slushy, snowy weather.

Jill Denning
    Participant

I’ll be an hour south of you in Monmouth, IL!

Sharon Roney
    Participant

Cristmas in Massillon Ohio with my family and New Years in Budapest for adventure!

Steve Radick
    Participant

Had to jump in here and end all this Ohio talk! I’m headed back to the City of Champions tomorrow morning – Pittsburgh baby! Going to the Steelers game tomorrow night, a Penguins game on the 28th, and then the Winter Classic on New Year’s Day. I get to take advantage of the grandparents’ eagerness to be with the baby and actually get out and do stuff again! :).

Ohio….booooooooo

Carol Davison
    Participant

The real Jersey Shore to mom’s Air Force Base, including a quick visit to NYC to see the tree at Rockafeller Center, the Macy’s store windows and the King Tut exhibit.

Then I visit Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Kansas CIty, Boston and New York to implement CommerceConnect Training for a Secretarial initiative. Where are the best places to eat/visit?

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

If you like unhealthy food, visit Hubs in Chicago. Some of the best stuff around.

Sona Thakkar
    Participant

Myrtle Beach, SC, for some relaxation at the beach and fun with friends.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.