Where are You Headed This Weekend?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Where are You Headed This Weekend?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Elliot Volkman 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

GEICO is a proud partner of GovLoop.

—————————————————————–

It’s that time of year again. Time for grilling burgers, swimming, and most importantly, fireworks. With so many of us heading out of town for vacation, it’s important to make sure we have the tools to keep us safe as we pack up the car and head out. With discounts to federal employees resources like the GEICO GlovBox App, GEICO has got you covered as you hit the road this holiday weekend.

Where are you headed for the 4th of July? Will you be driving? Let us know how you are spending your vacation!

——————————————————————

GEICO was created in 1936 to provide auto insurance to federal government employees and their families. 75 years later, GEICO is one of America’s strongest, most financially stable companies thanks to the company’s dedication and support of the federal worker. Check out the GEICO Federal Program on Facebook.

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

I’ll be headed out to Charleston, SC and for those who have made that journey down 95 and past south of the border, you know how boring it is. Luckily Charleston is a great place to visit.

-Great meeting you and other Brazen users yesterday!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

No driving here…staying put which is nice.

Charleston rocks…jealous

Megan Dotson
    Keymaster

I’m driving up to Pittsburgh (my first time to City of Bridges) with a college friend of mine to see the Zac Brown & Kenny Chesney Goin’ Coastal Tour and I can’t wait! But we’ll be back to our Nations Capitol for the 4th ๐Ÿ™‚

Dory Dahlberg
    Participant

We were supposed to visit state parks on Minnesota’s north shore, but those will be closed now thanks to the state shutdown. We’ll still find something fun to do- you can swim, hike, see fireworks and have fun just about anywhere around here.

Jeff Ribeira

I think we’re staying put as well. I’ve never been in DC for the 4th so I’m pretty excited about it.

Sachin Shah
    Participant

Taking the family to the beach with friends. Can’t wait to hit the open road.

Justin Mosebach
    Participant

Speaking of fireworks, I just posted some firework safety tips on GovLoop.

Stephanie Slade
    Participant

I’m also driving to Pittsburgh to go camping with a bunch of my cousins. Can’t wait.

Paul F. Bove
    Participant

Getting out of DC to head to the Jersey shore. Beach and grilling and perhaps some adult beverages ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m ready.

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

I’m headed back home to my parent’s house in Perdido Key, FL. I’ve been freezing all year up here in DC and it’s time for me to head down south for some sweet tea, fried everything, peach pie, and LOTS of time spent tanning at the beach!

Everyone have a very safe and happy Fourth of July!

I’ll be headed to my home state of Texas for a family retreat on the beach!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Watch out for Vinny & The Situation

Kathy Nelson
    Participant

100th Celebration of the home town! Rocky Mountains, horses, baseball games, hamburger stands and the home town crowd. Life is good.

Michael Reid
    Participant

“Parts Unknown”

Adam Arthur
    Participant

Hendersonville, NC. Cooler mountain air!

Home in Durham, NC. Parade over on West Club. Maybe go to the Eno River Festival. Fireworks in the cul de sac. Nice and simple.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

At Starbucks…not sure if that’s very 4th…but still got the whole dya

Grilling followed by a rolling firework session this year.

Carol Davison
    Participant

I saw an awesome program on CNN about how new citizens were being sworn in. They take an oath similar to the inaugural. Afterward the judge addressed them as “my fellow Americans…” Seeing people of every age, race, religon, national origin and old ladies in babushkas join our great country brought a tear to my eye. They interviewed several of them and an Iraqi native talked about a man walking his dog, which was wearing socks. He learned that the owner was protecting his dog’s feet from the heat. He said “they treat dogs here better than they treat people in Iraq!” It was awesome and made me thankful for the freedom and opporunities I enjoy.

Craig Mook
    Participant

I loved Perdido Key when I was going to training in Pensacola. So much better than sitting in traffic going out to P’cola Beach and the crowds there… Nothing like a rainy/misty morning walking out on the beach, watching for dolphins in the surf and sand dollars underfoot!!! (Can you feel the jealousy?) Hope you had an enjoyable return!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.