Which app would you use for engagement?

Home Forums Technology Which app would you use for engagement?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Abhi Nemani
    Participant

Over at the Code for America Brigade, we’re hosting a national competition leading up to election day — a race of our own of sort — we’re calling, the “Race for Reuse.” It’s a new kind of apps contest, where the goal isn’t to build something new; instead, we want folks to take advantage of the applications for engagement already out there, stand them up fast, and then “race” to get real users engaging with the tools. If nothing else, we want to make the point that when it comes to engagement, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.

We’ve chosen 4 applications to feature in the competition:

• Adopta: A Tool to Share Responsibility for Civic Infrastructure
    • Textizen: SMS-based Citizen Feedback for the 21st Century
    • Shareabouts: Map-Based Crowdsourcing
    • LocalWiki: Plased-based Knowledge Sharing

Check out more detail on the applications, and join the race here: http://c4a.me/cfa-r4r

What I was interested in hearing from the GovLoop community was which of these applications would you or your government be most interested in. CfA’s focus is local, and I know many of the members here are from state or federal governments, but I’d bet there’s applicability for these tools at all levels of government. I’d love to hear about your ideas and thoughts.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Textizen!

Kenny Alston
    Participant

i like textizen as well.

Cat Robinson
    Participant

Awesome work! Hyping up what’s already out there to build upon it is a great way to save resources. (I too like Textizen).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.