Which Photo of 2011 Do You Think is the Most Powerful?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Which Photo of 2011 Do You Think is the Most Powerful?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Peteritas 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Paul Homan
    Participant

I love the end of the year as being a time that reflects on all that has happened. I am one of those who buys the end of the year People Magazine Deluxe Edition.

I came across this article on Buzzfeed. Photographs are very powerful reminders of the year and so I thought I would see which ones people thought were the most powerful and why.

I personally like the picture of the NY Firemen watching the words Osama is Dead scrolling in front of them.

What Picture Do You Think is the Most Powerful?

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Here’s my picks:

awesomest:

Best actual picture:

Most powerful:

David Reinbold
    Participant

I really liked the picture of the situation room, where US officials were updated on the Osama bin Laden mission.

Paul Homan
    Participant

YES! Me too! I thought that was very poignant. Especially Hillary!

Paul Homan
    Participant

This one is so touching!

Ed Albetski
    Participant

The police pepper spraying Occupy demonstrators strikes a Tiananmen Square chord with me. Here in the US I would have hoped protesters would be better treated. I guess I should be happy we just used pepper spray and not tanks.

Anonymous

Great post!!! Personally the most powerful images are the ones which question democratic governance and public demonstrations. Whether it is the U.S. or the middle east 2011 have proven to unveil the truth behind democratic values and government power.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.