Who Will Join Me for National Volunteer Week – April 15-21, 2012?

Home Forums Human Resources Who Will Join Me for National Volunteer Week – April 15-21, 2012?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Denise Hill 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Established in 1974, National Volunteer Week has grown exponentially in scope
    each year, drawing the support and endorsement of all subsequent U.S. presidents,
    governors, mayors and other respected elected officials.

This year, Points of Light Institute is also honored to recognize the third anniversary
    of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act and the creation of the Volunteer
    Generation Fund through a series of celebratory and service events across the nation.
    Celebrating People in Action, presents an opportunity for individuals, families, nonprofit
    organizations and government entities alike to celebrate the ordinary people who
    accomplish extraordinary things through service.

National Volunteer Week embodies the energy and power volunteers evoke on a daily
    basis as they lead by example—not only encouraging the people they help, but motivating
    others to serve as well.

If you are in the Washington, DC area, I recommend that you either establish a volunteer team or volunteer directly with Hands-On Greater DC Cares. To sign up for their Servathon on Saturday, April 21, go to http://servathon2012.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1013114&lis=1&kntae1013114=9DEABF4379AB45F1932D3E38FB5AC4C0.

What are you doing during National Volunteer Week?

Denise Hill
    Participant

I will be there.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Thanks Sis!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.