Who’s working this week?

Home Forums Acquisitions Who’s working this week?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Henry Brown 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

The week between Xmas and new years is often slow. Which can make it a good time to spend w family or also a good time to get some things done in the office

So who’s working this week?

Henry Brown
    Participant

For the first time in over 10 years, I am in fact working this week. Suspect some of those low priority reports that have been sitting in my “to do” box, for up to 3 months, will get processed this week.

Lizette Molina
    Participant

There’s almost no one in the office and it’s slow enough today that I’m going to use it to catch up and clean up.

Tim Evans
    Participant

My last three work days b4 retirement. 🙂

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

That’s awesome..What’s next?

Adriel Hampton
    Participant

I’m in.

I usually always work during the holiday, due my service is a 24/7 operation. In all honesty, I consider it an honor to be one of the few at work on the holidays. Our Veterans deserve our best everyday, Our Veterans need to know their the best, especially on the holiday. Holidays are hard enough to get through being a healthy person, just imagine the world through their eyes while they exist in a hospital bed. If ever there was a time that we need to be there for them, to me this time of the year tops the list.

Joy Gatewood
    Participant

I’m here. Quiet times like these are the best – traffic is light and phones are quiet. One can actually read reports and do some analysis and planning for the year ahead.

Christina Morrison
    Participant

I’m spending time with the family this week and
    trying not to work. With the new telework law passed earlier this month, is
    anyone getting a head start on working remotely over the holidays? If so, are
    you just as productive?

Its a great week to be in the office – no traffic on the way downtown, easy parking, management is all gone, half of the staff are gone, and I am getting a lot of work done (ahem, besides taking a brief break to post on Govloop.com, lol!).

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

Congratulations on your retirement! What are your plans for the future?

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

I’m working this week because I have no leave due to breast cancer in 2009, followed by reconstructive operations in 2010. But it’s okay…I have plenty of work to do, it’s quiet and I can get alot done.

Obviously I needed to be here…I had to get an Emergency Treatment permit yesterday, so it’s a good thing I was here!

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

I’m working and have been during the holidays. It’s fantastic to see the DC highways empty for once so I really can’t complain.

Congrats on the retirement…Hope you enjoy yourself.

Hang in there! It is amazing how things work out sometimes.

Ilyne Miller
    Participant

I have always taken this week off, but after using and donating my use-or-lose leave, I decided to come in. I’m glad I did…such a joy to not have to deal with traffic, and it’s so quiet at work, I’m able to get stuff done! Nothing like a feeling of accomplishment! Happy new year, all!

Sam Allgood
    Participant

I’m here after a nice Christmas break!

[email protected]
    Participant

I’ve been working this entire week and it’s been SLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! Lots of Computer Based Training (CBTs) and paperwork catchup. And of course the occasional GovLoop break to check out the site! Happy New Year all!! (By the way, just received the 59 minute email from the commander!)

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Nice….CBT…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.