You put THAT in your LinkedIn profile?!?!

Home Forums Miscellaneous You put THAT in your LinkedIn profile?!?!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris IRS Recruiter 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Eric Erickson
    Participant

I was reviewing the profile of a fellow LinkedIn user today and was shocked and amused by something they listed in their professional profile.

I’m going to paraphrase as not to give away the actual name of the user in question. Included in a list of awards presented to this person from several notable organizations, agencies and individuals was the award of ‘Purpose & Eternal Life” from the almighty father.

Publicly listing this among other professional accolades seems both inappropriate and absurd.

So…what’s the oddest thing you’ve ever seen listed online in someone’s social media profile?

Chris IRS Recruiter
    Participant

I saw a profile where someone listed their occupation as: playwright on the planet earth.

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

“firm believer in Murphy’s law” – I will note that this was on a resume and I actually liked it and thought it added character

Someone who set up an anonymous profile named: “Yabba Dabba Without The ‘Do’ Part”

Corey McCarren
    Participant

Up until recently I had “Target” and “Splish Splash” listed in my past experience. Not for lack of other experience, I think I was just being lazy about taking it out. I think that’s pretty ridiculous. I’ve decided that a good practice is that if you wouldn’t list it in your resume, don’t list it on your LinkedIn profile. I’ve also seen a couple people who were graduates of places such as the “School of Hard Knocks” and the “University of Being Awesome”. You know, prestigious institutions.

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

You sir have graduated from the school of hard knocks

Eric Melton
    Participant

Official job title: Holier Than Thou.

James Miceli
    Participant

creative!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.