Both Government Workers and Federal Contractors network through Web 2 and 3.0 – this group embraces the federal contractor on GovLoop.
How to Succeed as a Proposal Consultant
February 2, 2011 at 4:32 pm #122082
How to Succeed as a Proposal Consultant: Get More Work, Higher Pay, and Better Clients (http://bit.ly/h2S3nK) webinar series start on February 8th, 2011.
This is a three-class webinar series on how to succeed as a consultant in the proposal field: capture management, proposal management and coordination, proposal writing, graphics, desktop publishing, editing, orals coaching, and related proposal professions.
This course is for those who may have been in the field for a while but are not getting the results they want; those who have recently started in the consulting field and would like to speed up the learning; and even those who are considering leaving their full time job to become a proposal consultant.
The series will cover a wealth of information vital in the proposal-consulting field:
• Pros and cons of consulting versus working for a company
• How to start your consulting business
• How to set your rates and charge what you are worth (and what are the going rates in the industry)
• The secrets for finding work, quickly
• How to market effectively on a tight budget
• Essential collateral and credentials you have to develop to get better jobs and higher rates
• Do you need a website – and how to set up and manage a website inexpensively
• The pros and cons of working with the broker versus working directly with the companies
• The ins and outs of negotiating contracts
• How to set up your own insurance, benefits, and other necessities
• Consultant’s ethics and code of conduct
• How to handle difficult clients
• How to prevent clients questioning your charges, disputing your bills, or paying late or not at all
• How to handle overlapping assignments where you have to juggle multiple proposals, calls from multiple brokers, and periods of drought
• What are the tools and technology that will make your life easier
• How to grow your consulting business
• What are the IRS rules about consultants and how “what you don’t know” will hurt you
• And much more important information that you will find indispensable.
This is the class where you will be able to ask questions during and between webinar series, to get your topics addressed.
About The Instructor: Olessia Smotrova-Taylor is the president and CEO of OST Global Solutions, Inc, a consulting company she started in 2005 and successfully grew into a prosperous seven-figure business. As one of the proposal industry leaders, she is on the Board of Directors of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals’ (APMP) National Capital Area (NCA) chapter and is the editor and chair of the APMP NCA Executive Summary eZine that won 2010 APMP Communications Award. She regularly presents at the APMP’s international and other conferences, roundtables, and proposal boot camps, and runs popular training webinars on business development. She has 16 years of experience in proposal and capture management, marketing, and communications. She is a prolific author, speaker, trainer, and blogger, and is well-known in the global proposal community. Her self-study course, Executive Summary Secrets, sells worldwide. Prior to starting her own consulting company, she won business for Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, and wrote for the Financial Times of London.
To find out more and REGISTER, please go to http://bit.ly/h2S3nK
For our 2011 schedule of training classes, go to http://www.ostglobalsolutions.com/training/schedule
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.