Leveraging the power of citizen engagement to dramatically improve customer service, agency focus and cost efficiency.
Public Group active 3 days, 20 hours ago
Question: who among us has a marketing department or branch? If you do have one, what is the staff strength and skill set mix?
I have one. Mine has 7 full time staff plus myself.
– A Dept lead, who is good at the big picture. She can write, has experience with our products and services, and is naturally a people person.
– A visual artist, who is good at graphics and visualizing messages
– A research analyst, who is good at collecting info about our customers and organizing it into usable format
– A notes taker / general meeting attendee / task tracker / talker / enthusiast
– A techie, who is good at setting up Blogs, using social media, etc
– An editor, who is good at the craft of word smithing
– An executive secretary who keeps track of my meetings, notes, minutes, and other misc stuff.
How is yours configured?
Post your question over in the Communication Best Practices group, too, Dave:
Just in case anyone comments on the wall over there…wanted you to be aware.
Depends on what you are marketing – what’s the goal?
Other positions I’ve seen
-Lead generation – someone who is really good at SEO/SEM/webinars/Facebook/stunts to bring in leads. They should be thinking through all the possible ways to get people into your business/agency from all tactics
-Events person – depends how many events you do (in-person or online)
Could be the visual artist, dept lead, or edtior but I think a big missing piece is someone who is really creative and thinking through new ideas
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.