CALL FOR SPEAKERS – Talent Management for Government Conference
February 2, 2011 at 6:21 pm #122104
TALENT MANAGEMENT FOR GOVERNMENT:
Practical Strategies For Maximizing Organizational Performance
Through Employee Engagement And Workforce Planning
* * * * * * * * * * * *
June 13-16, 2011 ~ Washington, DC
Is your agency forward thinking in their talent management efforts?
Has your team mapped out a strategy for employee engagement and retention?
Do you have "need to know" advice to share with other government employees?
***If your agency, or one you admire, should be a speaker at this upcoming June conference please message me via GovLoop or email me at [email protected]! ***
Topics will include (but not limited to):
- Learning new strategies to expand your succession planning toolbox
- Evaluating the impact of hiring reform and the inherent importance of retention strategies
- Establishing performance measurement to track individual and agency progress
- Developing a high-performing workforce by utilizing strategic planning to recruit, retrain and reward employees
- Strengthening your training and development efforts to both assess and build skill and competency
- Encouraging cross-agency networking and communication using social technologies
- Teleworking as part of work/life balance program and contingency planning
- Using HR metrics in human capital planning
- Surveying employees, interpreting results and developing action plans for increased employee engagement
- Working with managers on effective communication, recognition, and training programs
- Training leaders to be committed to their agency’s progress and accountable to performance results
- Overcoming the challenges in deploying effective telework programs
- Investing in employee retention and satisfaction programs to achieve higher quality performance outcomes
- Reviewing current retention techniques and executing strategies for improvement
- Creating programs for the hiring, transition, inclusion and reintegration of Veterans
To view the format of our events please view a past conference at: http://www.aliconferences.com/conf/human_capital_mgmt_gov0309/index.htm
February 2, 2011 at 6:55 pm #122110
My name is Lisa Rosser, and I want to introduce myself and my company (The Value Of a Veteran) as a potential speaker for the June Talent Management for Government event.
Bottom Line: I teach companies HOW to build a military hiring strategy, including government agencies. The Department of Labor and the Office of Personnel Management have hired me in the past to deliver my 1-day workshop on how to hire veterans.
The Value Of a Veteran is a woman-owned, veteran-owned human resources consulting and training firm. Since 2007 I have helped employers / recruiters / hiring managers / diversity officers from companies of all sizes, types and industries understand the value that military veterans can bring to their organization and have assisted them in the development or improvement of a military hiring strategy. For a list of recent past clients and for more of my background please visit http://www.thevalueofaveteran.com/about.html.
I will send an email directly as well. I am based in Northern Virginia, so the conference location is convenient.
Military Hiring Expert
The Value Of a Veteran
February 2, 2011 at 7:17 pm #122108
I would recommend my client, Naval Sea Systems Command, and its Wounded Warrior Program. They will be presenting at the Human Capital Management for Defense conference in February. Please let me know how to nominate the Captain and Commander to speak. thank you.
February 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm #122106
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.