GovLoop and Young Government Leaders (YGL) offer this space to continue education, inspire new govies and transform the current and future leaders of government.
You can find more information at nextgengovt.com
Submit for NextGen Leadership Award
June 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm #133925
Submit yourself or a great colleague
YGL & GovLoop present NextGen Leadership Award
YGL and GovLoop present the
NextGen Leadership Award
for success in reducing government red tape to improve governance and public service
YGL and GovLoop are announcing the first annual NextGen Leadership Award for superior public service and achievement. The 2011 NextGen Leadership Award will be given at this year’s Next Generation of Government Summit (July 27-28th in Washington DC). As Young Government Leaders and GovLoop continue to bring together those dedicating their intelligence, exuberance and professional lives to improving and invigorating the public service field, the NextGen Leadership Award will highlight one such member of a growing cohort of government talent seeking to cut through the red tape holding back efficient and effective governance and public service.
- Be between the ages of 20 and 39 and have spent at least 2 years in a public service position
- Express an early and passionate commitment to improving the public sector through collaboration, streamlining, and process innovation
- Show professionalism, competence, and the ability to create and implement innovative methods in the work environment
- Demonstrates aptitude and willingness to lead through challenges and pave the way for current and future young public employees
- Embodies a collaborative nature by sharing knowledge and experiences across agency and departmental boundaries and bringing individuals together across institutional and functional boundaries in order to build capacity, efficiency or community
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION
Deadline: Nominations must be received by 11:59pm Friday, July 1, 2011.
- This is a nationwide competition for individuals who have shown a willingness and ability to reduce boundaries to collaboration, efficiency and effectiveness within the public service field.
- The award is presented to an individual. Teams or initiatives will not be considered.
- Candidates for the award must be living and not a current member or spouse of the national board or event planning board.
In addition, the winner must participate in the Awards Ceremony, to be held on July 28th at 4:00 PM at the JW Marriott in Washington, DC.
Nominations must include:
- Nominator’s full name and relationship to the nominee
- Nominee’s full name, birth date, current and relevant previous job titles
- Nominee’s contact information (email and phone number)
- Short essay (less than 250 words) highlighting nominee’s merits and qualifications for award
- Optional: 1-2 page nominee resume
Selection: A selection committee of GovLoop and YGL leaders will evaluate nominees. Top nominees may be contacted for additional information and to assure availability for the July conference dates and award ceremony.
Announcement: The 2011 winner, and the individual who nominated the recipient of the NextGen Leadership Award, will be notified on July 8th. The recipient must attend the Next Generation of Government Summit July 27th-28th to receive the award (registration fee will be waived). The public announcement will be made public upon announcement at the Next Generation of Government Summit.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.