Before anyone asks, yes, I am completely biased, but…
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) is on a roll, including:
– A recent UserVoice-based engagement around the agency’s strategic initiatives garnered ~700 ideas and 26,000 votes. Moreover, this feedback is being used to help guide the final draft of the agency’s Strategic Initiative Document.
– SAMHSA uses Facebook not just as channel for message dissemination but also for customer service and for soliciting feedback
– SAMHSA is using Challenge.gov to bring groups that have not been part of traditional public engagement into the tent – see the recently posted HBCU Mental Health Promotion Campaign 2011.
However, there is lots of love to go around and some great examples and great leaders across government. A few of them being:
– HUD Ideas in Action and their public engagement around their agencies strategic direction: http://hudideasinaction.uservoice.com/forums/55040-feedback-on-hud-s-final-strategic-plan
– GPO and Federal Register 2.0 – great story behind its development and great final product: http://www.federalregister.gov/
– GSA Center for New Media and Citizen Engagement – they are building many of the platforms upon which all of us in Gov 2.0 land are engaging: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/140445
Lots more to mention and so many talented people out there making government better every single day.