Mark – this is a really good point. I personally believe that Canadian Public Service renewal must include all levels of public servants. There are fantastic business reasons for collaborating – the very least of which being cost sharing initiatives. If I’m working on a common application solution, and someone at another level of government is doing the same, why shouldn’t we get together and solve both our problems as a team, and then share that solution with others who are also doing the same. Is public service more about serving the public and less about covering our own budgets.
Recent Articles on GovLoop
- What Makes a Good Government Employee? GSA’s HR Exec Answers Your Burning Career Questions
- What You Need to Know About the New Federal Employee Vaccine Mandate
- The Essential Guide to B.E.E.P Skills: 4 Critical Competencies for Leadership Success Pt. 2
- 7 Ways to Beat the Fraudsters in Online Citizen Services
- Government Leaders Share Tips to Engage Communities in ARP Spending