I would normally list “Communication” five times in a row here (for emphasis)
- Communication – # 1 every time. Project Managers communicate infrequently, pushing information only when it is ready, only in one channel (e.g., email blasts). Communication should be frequent, multi-channel, and participatory.
- Stakeholder Engagement – lack of effective project control & inclusion allows participants to ride along without commitment
- Poor Requirements Definition – nobody pays attention to truly define them
- Organizational Culture – resistance to change, risk aversion, lack of leadership
- Organizational Structure – stovepipes
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.