Dan Taylor started the topic Thoughts on sharing draft Concept of Operations and/or Operational Requirements Document with industry in the forum Acquisition2.0 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m the PM for a major system acquisition within the Coast Guard. We’re going to be incrementally replacing a number of custom-coded legacy systems with COTS tools. I’ve asked our Contracting Officer to consider sharing our draft CONOPs and ORD with industry as part of a Sources Sought notice that’s on the street now. Having the draft will allow industry to better prepare for capability demonstrations we’re holding in March. This level of transparency isn’t typical in my organization, but I’m trying to nudge us in that direction.
Often it’s helpful for to help people along if they hear an idea although new to us, has been done by others before. So that’s my question for the group: does anyone have experience with sharing draft CONOPs and ORDs with industry early in the acquisition process? Thanks for any insights you can offer!
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.
Recent Articles on GovLoop
- What the Feds Have Learned About CX Since the 21st Century IDEA
- As Cyberattacks Persist, State and Local Governments Look for Federal Support
- Unifying Digital Workspaces in Hybrid Multi-Clouds
- Federal Deputy CIO Details Cloud Smart, Reskilling, Cyber Updates
- Managing Your Risk in the Cloud With Key Controls