David M. Lengyel started the topic Space Shuttle Program Transition and Retirement Lessons Learned in the forum Miscellaneous 5 years, 9 months ago
The content of this module addresses lessons learned derived from the Space Shuttle Program (SSP) Transition and Retirement (T&R) effort. It is a significant contribution to our knowledge-base on how to decommission a program. The report, related documents, video interviews and links address important issues including: overall management / planning, human capital, real property, personal property, environmental management, historical preservation, records management, contract closeout as well as the unique lessons associated with decommissioning Orbiters and transporting them to museums around the country.
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.
Recent Articles on GovLoop
- While You Can’t Buy Every New Solution, Modernization Is Possible When Done Right
- Navigating Difficult Conversations With Dialogue
- What the Feds Have Learned About CX Since the 21st Century IDEA
- As Cyberattacks Persist, State and Local Governments Look for Federal Support
- Unifying Digital Workspaces in Hybrid Multi-Clouds