Oxley Consulting, LLC provides capital partners, political intelligence and government marketing strategies to enterprising emerging growth firms. We deliver quantifiable results for clients seeking to enhance their bottom line. We leverage our extensive network of Federal officials, business executives, and investors in order to capitalize on the unique business opportunities that present themselves in Washington, DC, both governmental and commercial.
OXLEY CORE COMPETENCIES
Commercial to Govt Sector Transition Training
Business Development & Contract Acquisition
Contract Compliance & Maintenance
Congressional Strategy Mapping
Marketing & Networking Management
Strategic Channel Partner Development
Commensurate with experience and market rates
November 16 – December 8, 2011
Oxley Consulting LLC
122 C St. NW, Suite 240 * Washington DC 20001
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED
United States Citizens
Ongoing: 20-25 hours/week
Project Management Institute PMP Preferred.
VETERAN PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION
If you are claiming Veteran’s preference, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge.
Fast growing government marketing consulting firm is looking for a seasoned project manager on a contract basis.
The PM will have direct client contact as well as the responsibilities listed below:
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Overseeing contracts, servicing as a liaison between clients, Capitol Hill representatives, government contractors and procurement officers.
- Ensuring successful contract completion consistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Developing, managing and maintaining file system to record performance in all acquisition phases such as requirements, development, pre-award activities, post-award contract administration and termination of contracts.
- Ensuring files meet Agency standards and comply with current guidelines.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Project accounting.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
1. Successfully managing day-to-day client interaction and expectations.
2. Developing lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties and up-sell opportunities.
3. Communicating effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
4. Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
5. Building a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED 5+ years of appropriate specialized acquisition experience, an ample professional network and a proven track record of success with different types of contracts and methods through the use of cost and fixed-price contracting, cost sharing arrangements, unsolicited proposals and multiple awards. Ideal candidate will also have a proven track record in project management and/or sales with a heavy focus on client management. Specific knowledge and expertise in the Federal Acquisition Requirements (FAR), mandatory. Washington, DC area residents preferred – no relocation package is offered. Required Education: BS/BA required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Eligible applicants will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience or related education as reflected in their resume and supporting documents. Applicants will be evaluated as highly qualified based on an assessment of candidates’ experience and competencies against the criteria below:
a. Experience in Federal Acquisition Regulations, supplements, directives, policies, procedures and practices.
b. Experience utilizing/referencing Federal and or Industry Procurement and Contracting regulations, policies and procedures to support administration of a wide range of contracting options.
c. Applied experience with various types of contracts and incentive arrangements to include Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, Time & Materials, incentive fees, award terms and their impact on cost, schedule and performance.
d. Recognize and analyze problems, conduct research, summarize results, present data and make appropriate recommendations to senior level management.
e. Experience in contract surveillance including data management, tracking, inspection of deliverables, demonstrated by written and/or implementing a quality assurance surveillance plan and by regular and extensive interface with contractors in order to accomplish all functions.
f. Proven track record of success and an ample professional network.
As this position is designated as a part-time contract position, there are no benefits offered.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package, which includes the following parts:
2. Cover Letter
3. Two written references
Submit Application Package in one of two ways:
1. By Email – [email protected]
2. By Mail – Oxley Consulting, LLC. Attention: M.C. Elvis Oxley, President. 122 C St NW, Ste 240. Washington DC 20001.
Note: No phone calls please.
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.