All good answers and points Dannielle.
I had a boss who used to tell intense/angry people with a chuckle, “Hey, it’s only government work…” which I initially thought ran contrary to our values and pride in our work… but it was effective at diffusing many hotheads. I guess it was a play on the old “good enough for govt work”, which I am vehemently against (govt work is more important than other work, not less!!) but his twist on it did seem to work.
Maybe a twist on his phrase could work?… “It’s only paperwork, let’s go get a coffee”, or such…
Recent Articles on GovLoop
- How to Instill Confidence in Cloud Services
- What Makes a Good Government Employee? GSA’s HR Exec Answers Your Burning Career Questions
- What You Need to Know About the New Federal Employee Vaccine Mandate
- The Essential Guide to B.E.E.P Skills: 4 Critical Competencies for Leadership Success Pt. 2
- 7 Ways to Beat the Fraudsters in Online Citizen Services