My organization is working on a BYOD policy, although at this point, it amounts to using OWA on a 4″ smartphone screen. Hardly exciting or productive. I’d be more than happy to bring my own device if I were able to connect to Exchange to use email and calendar on the native phone applications.
BYOD is currently limited to mobile devices only. I’d be more than happy to bring my MacBook Pro to work, as it’s far more capable than my work issued laptop. That won’t be in the cards for a long time.
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Recent Articles on GovLoop
- Providing Equitable Employment Opportunities for People With Disabilities
- Containerization: Don’t Get Blindsided by Hidden Security Threats
- 4 Steps to Take Your Agency From Information to Insights
- Making Diversity, Equity and Inclusion a Daily Commitment
- How Web App Delivery Evolved, and the Security Needed Now