Cookies: Vegan Molasses Hermits
2 1/2 c Flour 1/2 c applesauce or Butter or banana
2 ts Baking powder 1 c Sugar
1/4 ts Salt 1 banana or 2 Eggs, beaten
1 ts Cinnamon 1/2 c Molasses
1/4 ts Cloves 1 c Raisins, (optonal: chopped)
1 ts Nutmeg 2 tb Milk
Instructions for Molasses Hermits
* Sift together the flour, baking powder, and spices.
* Cream butter or shortening and sugar,
* add eggs and molasses.
* Mix in the dry ingredients, raisins, and milk.
* Gather the dough together in one lump, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours.
* On a lightly floured board, roll out 1/2 of the dough at a time to a thin sheet and cut into desired shapes.
* Bake on greased cookie sheets for 10 minutes.
Yield: 60 small cookies Typed in MMFormat by [email protected] Source: The New Settlement Cookbook.
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.