Jeremy Sutherland replied to the topic Examples of state government using compstat or citistat like system? in the forum Budget / Performance 8 years, 9 months ago
The City of Durham, North Carolina just went live with a new public portal where citizens, taxpayers, and city leadership can monitor the cities key measures, ongoing initiatives, and see how they all align to the five major focus areas on their strategic plan.
An overview of the development process is available here: City of Durham’s Strategic Planning and Performance Reporting System
The focus areas include:
- A Strong and Diverse Economy
- A Safe and Secure Community
- Thriving, Livable Neighborhoods
- Being a Well Managed City
- Stewardship of the City’s Physical Assets
Key performance indicators include:
- Net gain in jobs
- Number and value of building permits
- Growth in the tax base
- Property and violent crime rates
- Emergency response times
- Public transportation ridership
- City bond rating
- Per capita tax burden
- Street Pothole repair time
- and more!
A sneak-preview of the site is included below (click on the picture below to go to the full site)
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.