It is a key question, Steve. In my opinion and organization must first think about:
- What is the purpose of the organization. Often this is not clearly understood as clearly as we would like to believe.
- What are the goals we are trying to achieve now and in the future.
- Based upon these things, what types of personalities are needed, what types of dynamics are required to achieve these results and to help the organization.
- Once you understand where you’re going the hard work begins. What does your organization currently look like, what is it’s current culture at all levels? This is extremely hard because we often fail to see the truth when we look in our own mirror.
- Once you know where you are, and where you’re going the work begins…. This has to be collaborative, up and down the organization…
Those are some quick thoughts but I’ll be the first to admit I don’t have all the answers.
What do others think?
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up now to get our free Daily Awesome newlsetter featuring gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.