If you’re an experienced economist with great analytical skills and an understanding of complex tax issues, the IRS needs you. We have multiple openings for senior economists. If you’re looking for a new career challenge and the opportunity to grow as a leader – apply now! This announcement closes Friday, May 04, 2012.
Salary: $96,690.00 to $148,806.00Series and Grade: GS-0110-14 Position Info: Full-time Vacancies: Multiple
As a senior economist your duties may include:
- Providing expert technical advice and direction to employees relative to the largest and most complex economic issues.
- Providing technical support and in-depth analyses on complex cases
- Preparing written findings, reports and other technical guidance
- Performing multiple assignments or projects requiring advanced economic knowledge, and make precedent-setting and industry or nationwide determinations.
- Conducting research and analysis of tax issues involving economics, transfer pricing, and valuation related to specific taxpayers or across taxpayers and industries.
- Reviewing economic, statistical and subject-matter literature for data and research methodology appropriate for inclusion in the research, and evaluate the reasonableness of the APMA, taxpayer, and foreign tax jurisdiction positions.
- Assuming responsibility for the initiation, planning, implementation, control, modification, and execution of all or part of a research project or assignment.
To view the full announcement and apply go to: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/313908200#TopofPage
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.