If you’re an experienced actuary with a passion for public service, the IRS has an outstanding opportunity for you! We have immediate openings in our Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division. Apply now; this position closes Tuesday, June 12, 2012.
Salary: $96,690.00 to $136,771.00 / Per YearSeries and Grade: GS-1510-14Position Info: Full-timeVacancies: 2 in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, Brooklyn, NY, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA
As an actuary your responsibilities may include:
- Performing work with respect to estates, gifts and charitable trusts, pension, profit sharing, stock bonus, or other plans
- Analyzing complex tax liability problems involving the valuation of complex life estates and remainder interests to determine estate, gift, and income tax liability or involving qualification for tax exemption of pension, annuity, profit sharing and stock bonus plans and trust
- Participating in conferences with taxpayers, their representatives and professional consultants in connection with rulings or technical advice
- Assisting The Office of Chief Counsel with the issuance or amendment of regulations
- Preparing actuarial determinations and interpreting complex actuarial problems
- Assisting in the development of actuarial tables
- Reviewing tax forms and instructions
To view the detailed announcement and apply go to: http://irs.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/317763300#TopofPage
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.