Chris IRS Recruiter started the topic IRS Job: IT Specialist (SA/AS) JAVA Application Developer in the forum Job Openings 6 years, 7 months ago
If you’re a proud computer nerd with awesome application development skills, the IRS has a great career opportunity for you. We’re look for a few skilled JAVA Application Developers
Salary: $81,823.00 to $115,742.00 / Per Year
Series and Grade: GS-2210-13
Position Info: Full-timeVacancies: 38 vacancies in the following locations: Lanham, MD; Detroit, MI; Austin, TX; Farmers Branch, TX; Ogden,UT; and Martinsburg, WV
In this role your responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring the integration of IT programs and services
- Developing solutions to integration/interoperability issues
- Designing developing and managing IT security systems
- Communicating complex technical requirements to non-technical personnel
- Preparing and presenting briefings to senior management officials on complex and controversial issues
- Developing software applications for the PC/Server/Web portal environment, such as Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, SOAP, SQL, DB2, Oracle, other object oriented language and/or other Web technologies.
- Using applications such as Rational Application Developer for WebSphere, Rational Suite, Relational Databases Applications, Erwin, Infragistics, Business Objects, ROBO Help, Adobe Framemaker, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, and use expertise in Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC), and Enterprise Architecture
- Identifying resource requirements for major national projects and assigning tasks to project members, reporting progress, and ensuring customer and management involvement throughout process
- Resolving critical issues affecting the configuration of the IT infrastructure
- Identifying and correcting weaknesses in critical performance parameters and variances.
- Improving productivity and software quality throughout the life cycle of a broad range of IRS IT applications
- Leading major projects to develop, interpret, and implement guidelines for other specialist to design and deliver PC/Server/Web portal environments.
- Formulating a comprehensive vision for future applications of the PC/Server/Web portal environment and develops plans to align the environment with business requirements
To view the full announcement and apply go to: https://irs.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/337198300
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.