The IRS is looking for an Operations Research Analyst in Atlanta, GA. If you’re a skilled researcher with an analytical mind and passion for statistics, this could be a great career move.
In this role your duties may include:
- Participating in research studies and assisting by defining the problems involved, collecting data, evaluating findings, and recommending solutions
- Working with senior level analysts and selecting and applying mathematics, economics, econometrics and statistics appropriate to solving routine research problems
- Conducting operations research identifying the probable causes of cost/workload variances and procedures
- Performing special studies of Service operations to identify mathematical applications to improve or enhance existing programs
- Providing input for the development of technical guidance and the coordination of subject matter personnel efforts involved in carrying out various aspects of assignments
- Working with higher grade analysts to review all material produced for a given study for reasonableness and accuracy
To view the full announcement and apply go to: https://irs.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/339230100
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.