Rick Alcantara replied to the topic Best Practices for Internal Blogs in the forum Communications, Citizen Engagement, Customer Service 6 years, 2 months ago
Here are 10 tips for creating an engaging internal blog:
1. Focus on your readers’ wants and needs.
2. Limit your content to xxx words.
3. Include images whenever possible.
4. Invite readers to respond.
5. Provide useful links that readers can click on for more information.
6. Tie local topics into national or global issues or trends.
7. Write to…[Read more]
Thanks so much for your invitation to connect on GovLoop. I apologize for my delay in confirming your request. I simply forgot to check the invite tab on my profile.
Please let me know if I can ever be of any help to you.
Here are my bold predictions for 2010:
* Sales of the Apple tablet will crush the Kindle
* Twitter will continue to grow dramatically
* Internet radio in your car may signal the beginning of the end for traditional radio
* 3D television will dramatically change how we view programs
* Litigation around social media will rise geometrically
Since I’m a news and social media junkie, I check the following sites everyday before starting work: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twittter, Wall St. Journal, Financial Times, and Mashable. More importantly, I pull news headlines from dozens of publications into NetNewsWire. From there, I can scan hundreds of headlines in minutes.
Well written, but I don’t think the term G21 will catch on. It sounds too much like a gathering of leading industrial nations.
While your article focuses on the federal government, I think state and municipal governments also stand at the crossroads of technology and service. They need to understand and adopt new technology. They also need to let…[Read more]
Join me on October 6 at the Delmarva Chapter of PMI and on November 7 at the Philadelphia Regional PMI conference for discussions on social media platforms, implementation, measurement and monetization. I’ll discuss ways planners can use social media to manage projects, promote their organizations and bolster their careers. For details, drop me a…[Read more]
Rick Alcantara replied to the topic Do you belong to your municipal Chamber of Commerce? in the forum Leadership, Management, Supervision 10 years, 4 months ago
I was a very active member of the regional chamber of commerce for three years. I met a lot of great people, served on committees and even acted as an ambassador at events. While the experience was fun, it failed to produce in the one area that was paramount for joining: generating meaningful leads. So, when it came time to look at the…[Read more]
Rick Alcantara replied to the topic What’s Wrong with Online Codebooks? How Would You Fix Them? in the forum Forum Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Rick Alcantara started the topic What’s Wrong with Online Codebooks? How Would You Fix Them? in the forum Forum Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Online codebooks are often very difficult to navigate, read and update. What do you see as the biggest challenges?
If you were king for a day, how would you fix them? What essential elements should appear in the directories? How should they be organized?
I just added a new blog post on govloop entitled, “21 Ways to Enhance Employee Communication.” While it was originally designed for corporate and not-for-profit organizations, all the principles apply to internal communications in the government sector. Please heck it out and let me know what you…[Read more]
Rick Alcantara replied to the topic Update: Government 2.0 Ning example for all you web design + social media geeks in the forum Forum Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Very sharp presentation. Colorful graphics, concise articles, effective use of typography, great calendar, nice use of forums and videos.
My firm has redesigned several government websites. Here are my lessons learned:
1. Obtain financial support from the administrator and municipal council
2. Involve department heads – ask what they need on the site
3. Identify content managers
4. Define how much of original content will remain, what needs to written anew
5. Define primary…[Read more]
Rick Alcantara started the topic Four Quality Social Media Sites for Project Managers in the forum Project Management Institute 10 years, 4 months ago
• Project Management Hut blogsite: http://www.pmhut.com
• Project Management Guide: http://www.projectmanagementuide.org
• PPMNG: http://www.ppmng (social network for Project Managers) – networking, job posting, event listings, chat, blogs (more than 10,000 members)
• Gantthead.com – tools, discussions, blogs, tools, white papers, reference,…[Read more]
Rick Alcantara replied to the topic Public Relations Strategic Plan & Crisis Communications in the forum Forum Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’m unaware of any such model, but you are right that the plan needs to take a holistic look at communications. It should cover everything from employee communication to media relations, vendor relations to community outreach. It should delineate your constituents, define your messages, prescribe your channels and most importantly identify…[Read more]
Public Relations Society of America
Center City proprietors Association (Phila.)
Union League of Philadelphia
St. Andrews Society
Social Media Club
Philadelphia Interactive Marketing Association
- Load More
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.