Stephanie Slade started the topic JOB: Coordinator of Volunteer and Emergency Services – City of Carpinteria, CA in the forum Job Openings 8 years, 7 months ago
The City has an immediate opening for a “hands-on” Coordinator of Volunteer and Emergency Services. Emergency PreparednessProvide planning and administration of preparedness for dealing with all types of man-made or natural disasters or emergencies in the City and surrounding area. This includes training exercises, maintaining and updating emergency plans and serving on regional and/or County-wide emergency service organizations for coordination of disaster planning and response.Volunteer ServicesManage a City volunteer program that is committed to encouraging community participation and is designed to coordinate and manage volunteer efforts which support existing services provided to the community. Coordinate volunteers so that their efforts jointly enrich and expand opportunities to enhance municipal services, assisting staff in identifying productive and creative roles, recruiting suitable volunteers, and tracking and evaluating their contribution to the City.
- Good organizational skills and techniques of programming and promotion of Programs.
- Knowledge of the role of volunteers in the organization and sound understanding of established City policies as they pertain to emergency services and volunteerism
- Can effectively manage people.
- Proficiency in the operation of computer, including database management; office equipment; communication equipment, i.e., two-way radio, cell phone, etc.
- Knowledge of basic record keeping principles and procedures
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative in organizing and prioritizing work schedule.
- Must be able to organize, implement and supervise a variety of scheduled programs and activities.
- Capable of maintaining effective working relationship with public and co-workers, volunteers and interact effectively, tactfully and courteously with those contacted in the course of work
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Able to work flexible schedule, weekends and evenings
To learn more about this opening, visit http://careers.govtjobs.com/c/job.cfm?vnet=0&site_id=9366&t731=202969&jb=8529418
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.