Steven Rothberg started the topic GWU half day conference on 4/1 on college recruiting for federal government agencies in the forum Federal Recruiters 9 years, 3 months ago
I attend half a dozen to 10 recruiting conferences a year and find most to be enjoyable, educational, time consuming, and expensive. I also find that most of the presentations are of little to no interest because the subject matter isn’t relevant to my job.
Many of our largest clients are federal government agencies which recruit dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of college students for internships and recent graduates for entry-level jobs so I know from talking with them that there just isn’t an enjoyable, educational, short, and inexpensive conference specific to their needs. Until now.
On Friday, April 1, 2011, The George Washington University Career Center, college job board CollegeRecruiter.com, and HR solutions provider RECSOLU are teaming up to host a half day, non-profit, no selling, purely educational event. Cost? $50. http://fedcollege.eventbrite.com All of the attendees and presenters will be federal government recruiters, human resource managers, hiring managers, and other staffing leaders.
To ensure maximum content delivery, well utilize the TedX format of 18 minute presentations followed by 12 minutes of networking breaks. This will ensure a fast moving program with a large number of highly relevant presentations along with ample time for peer-to-peer networking amongattendees.The day will start at 8:00am with registration and a complimentary continental breakfast. But don’t thank the sponsors for the breakfast as there aren’t any — no sales! And also don’t thank the organizers as all of the money we collect from the registration fees will be used to cover the cost of renting the room and providing food and beverages through the program.
Topics and Presenters Include:
- The New Internship Program and New Graduates Program Keynote – Matt Collier, Office of Personnel Management
- How to Use the Presidential Management Fellowship Program to Develop Your Next Generation of Leaders – Dave Uejio, National Institutes of Health
- Recruiting College Students With Disabilities for Your Workforce – Betsy Kravitz, U.S. Department of Labor, Office of DisabilityEmployment Policy Social Media: Why Is It Such a Big Deal? – Mike Panetta, the elected U.S. “Shadow” Representative for the District of Columbia.
- How to Build, Manage and Engage All of Your External Audiences – Andrew Morton, Army Reserve How Today’s Peace Corps Employs Social Media For 21st Century Recruitment – Stephen Chapman and Amber Smigiel, Peace Corps
- Expanding Your Recruiting Communications Reach Into Virtual Worlds While Working Within A Limited Budget – Frank Stipe, Internal Revenue Service
- How the IRS Uses Cell Phone Text Messaging Campaigns to Reach Select Groups of College Students – Shawn Gogas, Internal Revenue Service
- Topic TBA – Ken Gaffey, Transportation Security Administration
Can you spare half a day and $50 from your education and training budget to learn the best practices from some of the federal government’s best practitioners? Sign-up today at http://fedcollege.eventbrite.com using any major credit card or email me if you’d prefer to be invoiced.
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.