There are so many errors, misconceptions and lies about passwords security. Here are five basic truths:
• Passwords are a secure method for cyber authentication.
• Passwords are not going away anytime soon.
• When passwords are managed like private keys, then they are just as secure.
• Private keys, symmetric keys and biometric templates are only glorified passwords.
• All those crazy schemes to help users remember and generate passwords actually make them less secure.
For years I have been arguing for password security. Well, I have now written a book that sets the record straight, debunks many of the false believes about passwords, and explains the SIMPLE TRUTH about Multi-Factor Authentication.
If you want to learn the truth about passwords, check out my book: Making Passwords Secure: Fixing the Weakest Link in Cybersecurity on Amazon.com.
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.