Gerry Cooney started the topic Now Hiring: Principal Operations Analyst – Washington, D.C. in the forum Job Openings 8 years, 12 months ago
Renowned Washington, D.C.-based transportation company seeks a seasoned addition to its team.
The Principal Operations Analyst will work in the Inspections and Evaluations unit and serves as a subject matter expert (SME) and principal advisor in an individual area of expertise (train operations, specifically route service planning, maintenance, marketing/sales, and/or business management). Additionally this position, as part of a team, conducts performance audits and evaluations in compliance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). These audits and evaluations address the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and operations.
Specifically, the Principal Operations Analyst:
1) Studies and analyzes organizational methods, procedures, and processes of mission-critical activities
2) Develops assessment procedures to gauge program or process effectiveness
3) Based on specialized program knowledge, recommends corrective actions and provides guidance on compliance with Amtrak and Federal laws, rules and procedures
4) Advises the AIG for Inspections and Evaluations on future evaluations and activities that support the strategic plan
5) Provides input and advice, as appropriate, in support of IG activities in other organizational units, such as Audits or Investigations
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Marketing, or other field related to program and/or operational analysis; Master’s degree as well as professional certification in an area of expertise is preferred
- 7 or more years relevant experience in the transportation industry
- Experience in the accountability community preferred, particularly an Office of Inspector General or the Government Accountability Office
- Knowledge of passenger rail operations; Extensive experience preferred
- Understanding of/ability to appropriately apply GAGAS and other audit and evaluation procedures and policies preferred
- Proven ability to work across departments/business areas
- Strong project management skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in data analysis, and use of computer-based tools and MS Office Suite
1) For this position, no relocation benefits are offered at present.
2) A pre-employment physical and drug screen is required.
3) A pre-employment background security investigation is required.
4) Occasional travel is required.
A Rewarding Work Environment:
In addition to a generous base salary, benefits include:
• a fun and friendly working environment
• solid career growth potential
• medical/dental/life insurance
• flexible spending accounts for dependent care/health care/commuter reimbursement
• a 401(k)
• paid vacations/holidays/sick leave
• tuition reimbursement
Interested in being considered for this position? Know someone who may be interested? Know someone who may be a fit? Send your resume to me at [email protected], or share this posting with your contact (much obliged).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.