The GovLoop Mentors Program is a groundbreaking, government-wide initiative that connects public sector professionals across agencies and at every level (Federal, state and local) of government. This free program responds to the unprecedented need for effective knowledge transfer and leadership development throughout government.
(NOTE: When it asks for Group ID, please enter "govloop".)
GovLoop just completed another successful cohort with its Spring 2013 Mentors Program. At this time, our next program will happen in Spring 2014 (February through June). Between now and then, we are accepting rolling applications and will send additional information as it becomes available.
Connect the best and brightest in government to:
- Facilitate knowledge transfer from seasoned public sector professionals to rising government leaders
- Enable the exchange of professional advice that accelerates career advancement and eases transitions
- Forge valuable connections among agencies and levels of government (federal, state and local)
Interested in participating? Here's the process:
- Go here to sign-up: Mentors.GovLoop.com/signup (Group ID: govloop)
- GovLoop will select Finalists for the respective cohort.
- Mentees reach out to request a mentor; Mentors approve pairings.
- Participate in the four-month program.
GovLoop will select program finalists based on the following criteria:
- Completeness of application
- Track record of success
- Career goals
- Specific mentoring outcomes
- Overall clarity of writing / quality of application
The Finalist selection process is highly competitive as we only make roughly 50 matches per cohort out of hundreds of applicants. The more you complete your application, the better - especially when it comes to your goals for your career and the program.
Do you want to be guaranteed a spot in the program? Register for the Next Generation of Government Training Summit and we will lock you in for our next cohort. REGISTER HERE!
(Note: Be sure to click the "Enter promotional code" link and type MENTORS when you do)
Additional guidance will be offered in formal training, but regarding the time commitment, program participants can expect:
- 4 month commitment
- Each mentoring partnership will agree on the frequency and duration of meetings
Never been in a mentoring relationship before? Don't worry. We will provide formal training at the outset as well as helpful tips throughout the process.
Sign up today to learn from a seasoned government professional!
Questions? Contact Andrew Krzmarzick: email@example.com
The Training Connection, Inc. (TTC), is a professional development firm dedicated to helping organizations grow and develop their people. Founded by Kathy Wentworth Drahosz, TTC is the outgrowth of her experience in business, product and people development.
The Training Connection, Inc. specializes in four vital areas:
- Mentoring: Helping organizations build relationships, foster communications and create non-threatening learning environments where employees can find support for career and professional development.
- Career and Leadership Development: Helping individuals develop the skills and motivation they need to respond to the workplace of the 21st century.
- Team Building: Creating an environment where individuals learn how to collaborate effectively, value the strengths and differences of others and define their roles and responsibilities.
- DISC: Train-the-Trainer: Providing internal trainers with time-tested, reliable models for improving communication, performance and job satisfaction. The Training Connection, Inc. uses careful planning, highly experienced consultants and tested, proven products and programs, meticulously designed to meet each client's needs.
Additional Resources and Tools: