The new era for Federal agency CIOs started in 2010 with the release of Vivek Kundra’s 25-Point Implementation Plan to Reform Federal Information Technology Management. That was two years ago. The directives mark a shift in focus for federal CIOs. Evan McDonnell is the author of a new Appian report.
The report is a 6 part guide to unlocking the secrets to being a successful CIO in 2012.
McDonnell told Chris Dorobek on the DorobekINSIDER program how the guide works.
- Adopt “Business Ready Technology”
- Move from “Best of Breed” to “One Platform, One Environment”
- Scrap the Traditional Approach to Gathering Requirements and Writing RFPs
- Focus on Flexibility, Not Just “Cloud”
- Think “Lead the Receiver”
- Begin with Mobile and Social in Mind