Welcome to Week 1! We hope you’re as excited as we are. Here’s the game plan for this week:
First, off, make sure to introduce yourself in the introduction discussion
Second, attend the Webinar. This week, our experts Deb Green and Bill Spencer will cover ECQs 1 and 5. The live webinar will be on Monday, June 11 at 2:00pm EST on WebEx. If you had to miss the live version of the webinar, you can access a recording here.
Below is the slide deck (if you can’t see it when you land on the page, hit refresh):
Next, check out the workbook we’ve developed and complete traits 1-4 (pp. 5-9). This includes:
- Change Champion
- Bright Spot Specialist
- Boundary Breaker
- Savvy Navigator
Once you’ve read the section summary and required reading, make sure to fill out your reflection notes for the week and send a copy to [email protected]. To save and send a copy, select the submit form button on the top left, fill in your email address. In the next screen, select internet email option and the completed document will save as a PDF to your computer. You can then keep a copy for your records and send one to [email protected]
Hop over to our Week 1 SME Challenge, where Deb poses a real challenge facing the federal workforce today. Take the week’s discussion online and engage with fellow participants on a real application of this week’s content.
Can’t get enough of this week’s topic? We’ve got you covered. Here are some of the other resources we think you might appreciate, if you’re looking for more information.
- 5 Books that Need to be on Your Summer Leadership Reading List
- What Challenges do You Face When Trying to be Innovative?
- Take These Four Steps if You Want to Lead Big Change
- Why is Change so Difficult in Government?
- Managing Bureaucratization
- Agreeable to Disagreement
- Switch for Organizations: The Workbook (Plus more resources – free Registration)
- Get Your Team to Work Across Organizational Boundaries
- People Just Naturally Resist Change, Right?
When you’re at the Next Gen conference, you might also want to check out the following sessions:
- 21st Century Leadership: Chaos, Conflict, and Courage
- The Art of Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Blending in to Encourage Change
- Social Skills & Workplace Savviness
- Leading Innovation in Government
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Effectiveness
- Want to Improve Government? Try Design Thinking
- How to Make Effective Decisions