You may have taken your first government job just to get some experience, and now feel like you are being under utilized at your agency. Maybe you knew the hiring manager well or they were well respected in government, and you wanted to use that connection to help elevate your career. Once you are at the point where you want to advance your government career, where do you begin? We broke this guide down into four main areas - how to find, land, keep, and leap your government career. Although the guide touches on some issues specific to the federal government – this is certainly a valuable resource to state and local government employees looking to advance their career and anyone considering government employment.
- New Hire Handbook
- Managing the PMF Application Process
- Managing the Net Generation
- Attracting the Next Generation
- Getting an MPA 2011
- Earning an MPP 2011
- Understanding the New Pathways Program
- 7 Steps To Social Networking Success
- USAJobs- 4 Winning Tips for a Successful Job Interview
- 10 Tips for Letting Federal Employers Know Your Worth
- Using the Power of Story Telling to Succeed in Your Government Career
- Get That Gov Gig! How To Market Yourself in a Tricky Job Environment
- How To Find The Right Gov Gig For You
What suggestions do you have for your fellow government employees?
How do you find, land, keep and leap in your government career?
What are the biggest challenges around government employment?