Gone are the days when cybersecurity issues were relegated to the back office IT shops. Now security is a part of how all of government works. However, just because maintaining high performing cybersecurity systems is a major priority for all agencies doesn’t mean there aren’t still challenges. Everything from ransomware, to insider threats, to optimizing cyberphysical systems are critical issues for agencies.
In order to better understand these various threats and how agencies can tackle them successfully, we have created five online trainings to better inform, inspire and empower you – the government employee – to thwart cyberthreats.
On Wednesday, March 15th, join GovLoop and 2,000+ govies interested in cyber for our first-ever Cybersecurity Virtual Summit.
- It’s completely free and you’ll learn a lot.
- Earn up to 3 continuing professional education (CPE) credits in computer science.
- Unlike in-person events, you can come and go as you please and learn a few things without ever leaving your office chair!
- Network (virtually, of course) with your state and local government peers.
- Learn from experts in an interactive virtual environment.
5 THINGS TO DO IN THE INTERACTIVE VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Win free stuff! Everyone likes a little competition, right? The more active you are in the virtual environment, the higher you’ll be on the GovLoop Leaderboard. The Top 20 will get the ultimate GovLoop swag bundle (we promise it’s cool).
- Get cyber savvy. Whether you are new to government or SES, we’ve all got cyber-related questions. Come chat with cyber experts throughout the day to get your questions answered.
- Download over 200 resources. We’ll have information on nearly every topic related to cybersecurity in government to help you do your job better.
- Meet your government peers. Hang out in the Networking Lounge (be sure to set up your profile + avatar) and kick it with your fellow govies.
- Get Innovative. Check out the videos and take part in the fun surveys in our Innovation Center. The more you browse, the more you learn.