Welcome to Week 2! Here's the game plan for this week:
If you would like to preview, download or print a copy of the slides, you can do so below. To Download, select the view the presentation in SlideShare option.
This week, the assignment from the course workbookis to read traits 5-7 (pp. 10-12). This includes:
- Conflict Mediator
- Team Builder
- Diversity Advocate
Once you've read the section summary and required reading, make sure to fill out your reflection notes for the week and send a copy to [email protected]. To save and send a copy, select the submit form button on the top left, fill in your email address. In the next screen, select internet email option and the completed document will save as a PDF to your computer. You can then keep a copy for your records and send one to [email protected]
Roll up your sleeves and join fellow participants to work through the Week 2 SME Challenge, where Sydney poses a challenge around a fractured team that needs to be restored to harmony.
You can reach out to [email protected] or [email protected] with any questions, concerns, or feedback. You can also come back here at 12:00pm ET on Thursday, May 21 for live office hours in the chat window, below.
Can't get enough of this week's topic? We've got you covered. Here are some of the other resources we think you might appreciate, if you're looking for more information.
- Preventing the Miserable Workplace
- 10 Ways to Turnaround a Dysfunctional Team
- Have a Nice Conflict (by Jim, this week's SME!)
- Using Conflict as a Tool for Growth
- Counter-Productive Team Language?
- Fast Company on Leading Your Team
- Building Effective Teams isn't Rocket Science, but it's Just as Hard
- Leveling the Playing Field on Cross-Cultural Teams
- When One Team Member is Ruining Your Team
When you're at the Next Gen conference, you might also want to check out the following sessions:
- 21st Century Leadership: Chaos, Conflict, and Courage
- The Art of Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Blending in to Encourage Change
- Social Skills & Workplace Savviness
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Effectiveness
- How to Make Effective Decisions