In order to create a successful team you will need a powerful and proven leader. Admiral Eric Olson is one of the best. The Admiral is the former commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command and retired Four-star Navy SEAL who has over 38 years in government.
Admiral Olson by cdorobek
He told the crowd at FOSE about his list of 10 commandments to build a high powered team.
- Know the purpose
- Select the right people — or get to know the people thrust on you
- Train and educate your team from the start but don’t stop training
- Present your team with adversity and see how they handle it —Character under stress cannot be faked
- Organize for success
- Learn fearlessly
- Show trust in your team
- Hold them to a high standard
- Be their advocate and champion
- Live the life of a leader — Leaders are never off duty
What other commandments should be added to Admiral Olson’s list?