There are a lot of negative stereotypes in the learning industry about the challenges that Millennials present for people who are trying to teach us. In defense of Millennials, here are 5 observations on how our generation thinks about learning and how we learn faster and more efficiently than everyone else:
- Millennials have just-in-time, targeted learning experiences pushed to us with app, email and text alerts.
- Millennials seek out bite-sized pieces of relevant information immediately at the moment we need them.
- Millennials crowd-source our learning through the collective experiences of others instead of waiting to gain our own experiences over time.
- Millennials quickly adopt new learning channels and we tell those platforms and people what topics we care about.
- Millennials share what we learn with our networks in a meaningful way, serving as curators of learning content for our friends and colleagues to help them sort through the clutter.
What have you found to be true of the Millennials in your workplace?