- Be Confident – initial approach matters most
- Be Resilient – no means, offer to next person
- Be Concise – Say, Hi5, great job this week!
- Offer, don’t ask – Don’t say would you like…they were more likely to say no.
- Be Energetic, but not in their face – Catch them up in the moment, give them a second to process
- Accept people choices to not Hi5, it’s their choice for what ever reason
- Be flexible – sometimes if people are eating, they want to pound it instead. Totally acceptable. Also, there are some fans of the low-five. Yes, those are free too.
3 not so scientific observations:
- Women are more likely than men to hi5 when walking solitary
- People are more likely to Hi5 when they see other Hi5ing before them
- People are more likely to Hi5 when they are standing in line
2 things will do differently next time:
- Find lines of people and move through them. No standing around.
- Bring Purell so we practice safe Hi5ing